As the commercial says, there’s an app for that. But, the app gold rush days are numbered. Amidst all the Apple, Android and Blackberry apps, mobile development is starting to look back to its roots. Web-based applications are becoming more popular for a variety of reasons. Most importantly, Portability, Market Size, Ease of upgrading application and the elimination of Revenue sharing.
Market Size –Device specific applications are limited to the current users of the device platform, whereas mobile web applications will work on any phone. We can develop one application that works on all devices.
Ease of Upgrading – Mobile web is scalable, flexible and easier to roll out new software features, since the programming resides on a central web server readily accessible, new features can be released to users instantly. With mobile apps, users must upgrade and install new software with every update.
Keep your profits. all of them. – Apple, Android and Blackberry have inserted themselves in-between developers and end users through their App stores, taking up to 30% of sales revenue with each purchase. By developing a mobile web application, we can use that 30% towards profit, or as a sales tool to offer discounts.
While there are a few advantages of developing a native mobile app, The benefits of mobile web development far outweigh the advantages of developing native apps. As mobile devices are more and more connected to the web, and most native apps require internet connections for much of their core functionality anyway, makes the native app environment much more of a limiting platform than mobile web application.
- Our Servers Recently Upgraded with Solid State Drives (SSD) for MySQL - October 24, 2013
- Keeping Your WordPress Site Secure - August 16, 2013
- DIY guitar amp footswitch for Epiphone Triggerman 60 (2 button) - May 29, 2013
- Middle Class Rut Website - May 17, 2013
- Launched: Daptone Records’ Super Soul Superstore Website - March 22, 2013
- Holiday Playlist – A hipster holiday alternative - December 18, 2012
- iFrankenDock: The Frankenstein’s Monster Of Car iPhone Docks. A DIY love story. - September 20, 2012
- Google, Yahoo & Bing announce support for new markup SEOs should keep an eye on - July 1, 2011
- Critical Components of Website Success - June 23, 2011
- Mobile app days are numbered. - June 14, 2011