Google+ Has a New Interface…
Wow, is all I have to say… you turn around and things have changed again! Improved even. People who write off Google+ still seem to be using it on a daily basis, (see Michael Gray on that one).
- New Tool Bar to the left: to me this is much more useful and logical than Facebook has ever been. Much of Facebook is still inscrutable.
- Quick sort your stream using Circle buttons at the top: I find this one instantly appealing and a big improvement over the disorganized stream on Facebook.
- Hangouts now prominently displayed on the right: I’m excited to try these, actually, for company meetings since we are not all in the same state.
- “You May Know” suggestions: I wish these would expand and that they could be trained to suggest via keywords.
- “You Might Like” suggestions
- NO advertisements (yet?)
I have to say that when I first started using Google+ a lot of things were very unintuitive. The picture is definitely getting much clearer now and I am finding the usability to be quite encouraging.
Read more about the author Sean Sloan
- Having come from a platform that constrained me, Sean moved me to one that freed me up! - March 9, 2021
- Earned Media, The Ongoing Challenge Of Value Creation, And The Future Of Internet Marketing - March 20, 2014
- Sean Sloan: contributing author to a book! - December 7, 2013
- Free Online Photo Editing Site - May 31, 2013
- Career Day at Douglas MacArthur Middle School - May 22, 2013
- Happy Holidays 2012 - December 21, 2012
- Develop in haste, repent at leisure… - November 10, 2012
- I like shiny, blinky things… in the dark! - September 14, 2012
- Small Business Video Production Packages - September 3, 2012
- Mobile Websites and Marketing: a quick look at the Mobile Ecosystem - August 30, 2012