Anyone who knows me well also knows that I am a huge fan of lights that react to music. First popularized in the 1970’s they are better known as “light organs” or “color organs”. I have, with the help of my good friend Brian, actually built a set of these lights called the Rainbow Machine. I have also done a great deal of live video projection/video mixing using an old Sony FX-E100 video mixer, DVD players, VHS players and live cameras all mixed together into one psychedelic projection.
Which brings me to something I discovered on Google+ last night: a 3-sided movie screen that physically moves, changing shape according to a pre-determined set of move and is then, in turn, projected on to. It’s perhaps easier to see for yourself than for me to explain it clearly so I’ve embedded a video below.
Now I think this is cool but I have to admit that even I get bored part way through this video. Maybe its because that its a commercial for Hyundai or maybe its just that the content is a bit cliched in terms of the obvious use of CGI. That having been said, I hope you enjoy it enough to share any other shiny, blinky things that you run across, in the dark.
- Having come from a platform that constrained me, Sean moved me to one that freed me up! - March 9, 2021
- Earned Media, The Ongoing Challenge Of Value Creation, And The Future Of Internet Marketing - March 20, 2014
- Sean Sloan: contributing author to a book! - December 7, 2013
- Free Online Photo Editing Site - May 31, 2013
- Career Day at Douglas MacArthur Middle School - May 22, 2013
- Happy Holidays 2012 - December 21, 2012
- Develop in haste, repent at leisure… - November 10, 2012
- I like shiny, blinky things… in the dark! - September 14, 2012
- Small Business Video Production Packages - September 3, 2012
- Mobile Websites and Marketing: a quick look at the Mobile Ecosystem - August 30, 2012