WordPress / Web / Interactive Developer
We are looking to hire a WordPress Front End Developer with backend development skills for a project on a contractual basis that may lead to full time position for the right person. We are based in Costa Mesa, Orange County, California.
The ideal candidate should have experience creating and customizing wordpress themes, preferably using Woo or Genesis frameworks and be able to code by hand. Working within the framework using child theme best practices and understanding hooks and filters is a must. Translations from the designs to final code should be a match, pixel-for-pixel. Attention to detail and checking / debugging your own work before calling it done.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Creative and tenacious problem solving skills
- WordPress Customization & Theming
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator
- Genesis Framework
- Woothemes / Woocommerce
- Mastery of CSS/XHTML /HTML5
- Cross Browser XHTML/CSS Compatibility
- PHP/Mysql Development
- Project / Task ownership and commitment
- Clear email and phone communication skills and ability to interact with clients
Additional Skills a plus:
- Knowledge and Experience with on-page SEO Techniques
- wp-types.com Toolset (or custom post / taxonomies)
- Groups (http://www.itthinx.com/plugins/groups/)
If you wish to be considered for this position please email a list of urls clearly explaining your involvement on each project along with a current resume. Please No International or Recruiter / Agency Responses.